In January 2007, Sara completed a 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher course in Cleveland, OH with renowned teacher Marni Task. It changed her life forever! Her style of instruction is vinyasa based, meaning the postures flow from one to the next linked by conscious breath.
Sara teaches uplifting and spiritually based classes using Jivamukti and Anusara yoga principles. Her classes also focus on various yogic techniques including postures, chanting, music, breath work, meditation, alignment principles, and the teachings of yogic texts. Each class is tailored to the group's or individual's needs for a unique customized experience.
- Instructed yoga at NASA Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, OH
- Instructed NBA professionals
- Partnered Whole Foods Market and LOLE Women for the 2015 White Tour, hosting 10,000 yogis in Central Park, NYC
- Images appeared in the premier issue of NY Yoga + Life magazine
- Article feature for workplace wellness in July 2017 issue of San Diego Magazine
- Instructed (2) yoga classes at The Yoga Expo Los Angeles, 2016
Brand Ambassador & Sponsorships
- Brand Ambassador for Athleta UTC - La Jolla, CA
- Sponsored by GoMacro
- Sponsored yoga gear provided by BajaStretch Use code 4SS17 to receive 15% off your purchase.
- Influencer for Bogavia - Beauty of the Adriatic Use code SPICYGYPSY to receive 10% off your purchase.
- Co-curated yoga fundraising events for All Faiths Pantry
- Instructed yoga to native villagers of Fiji while serving as a Peace Corps volunteer
- Participated in two consecutive years of the Summer Solstice event in Time's Square
- Participant in the Tattooed Yoga Project with photographer Joe Longo, 08/2015 NYC
- Worked Wanderlust Festival, San Diego 2016
- Produces fundraising yoga workshops for grass-roots relief efforts in San Diego and Tijuana for refugees and asylum seekers.
Sara is currently based in San Diego, CA and teaches at Pilgrimage of the Heart, voted Best Yoga Studio in San Diego in 2015. Please visit pilgrimageyoga.com to see her current offerings (filter by teacher to find her schedule).
She hosts retreats, workshops, cooking classes and more in the greater San Diego area as well as wellness retreats in the wine country of the Guadalupe Valley of Baja, Mexico.
Interested in having Sara teach at your next event or festival? Do you have a small or large group looking for specialized instruction? Sara can also teach at your corporate office as a part of your employee wellness program. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries.